Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry xmas and happy new year!

I'm going away to visit my parents for the holidays and I'll be back next year. So I don't know if I'm going to update this blog this year. I'm going to sit inside and eat xmas food and candy, so there may not be much biking to blog about. So best wishes for the new year to all my readers, that is, me and Ms.Ding :)



Sunset in november, about 16:00. The sun is just above the tree tops and would be visible if the camera was turned a little to the left.
A view from the railway bridge to the roads below. In the left, road for cars. In the middle, the bikeway. Also note the railing to stop kids sledding and adults slipping and falling down onto the road. The bikeway is about 2 m higher than the cars.

The smoke is coming from the combined heat and power plant (electricity to the grid and heat for District heating- basically a city wide central heating system) in Toppila. It's a powered by peat and wood and has energy efficiency of over 80%.

No comments:

Post a Comment