- There has been some plans to base insurance fees or taxes on vehicle miles travelled. The less you drive, the lower your fees or taxes.
- Bikeshares usually give you the first 30 minutes for free. After that, you'll have to pay.
- A lot of trips made by car are short. So short that a bike could be used instead.
- A gadget in the car measures the trip
- Unlike the bike share, the first two miles cost you extra. The first mile will count as 5 miles for counting the insurance fees / taxes. The second mile will count as 3 miles.
- after that, 1 mile = 1 mile
Does the idea have any obvious faults that I haven't thought about?